To All Our Valued Customers,
South Coast Journeys considers itself a proactive and dynamic part of the South Coast and Illawarra community. Given the current outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across Australia, we wish to reassure you of the precautions we are undertaking to keep our visitors, staff and the wider community as safe as possible.
South Coast Journeys must take all reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure a safe workplace.
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, and government announcements in relation to business operations, the following is an update on your obligations as a visitor, employee or contractor and the steps being taken around managing employee, contractor and visitor risk as per current government guidelines.
IMMEDIATE QUARANTINE REQUIREMENTS (ALL PERSONS)
All visitors on the bus (employees, contractors, tour customers etc.) or to the bus depot who have been:
- Overseas in the last 14 days
- In close contact with anyone who has a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19
Must not attend the tour or get on the bus. They should inform the tour organiser and South Coast Journeys that they are unable to attend. Where such persons attend, they must leave the bus immediately, and self-isolate for 14 days. It is recommended that all such persons urgently consult a medical professional.
For employees, return to bus depot or bus driving duties will only be permitted once the quarantine period has passed, and upon receipt of a satisfactory medical clearance from a medical professional.
IMMEDIATE DISCLOSURE IF FEELING UNWELL (ALL PERSONS)
Anyone who feels unwell or has a fever, cough, sore throat, headache, runny nose, tiredness and/or shortness of breath must not attend the tour or get on the bus.
If employees have any of these symptoms at work you must leave the site immediately and urgently consult with a medical professional.
WORK ATTENDANCE (EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS ONLY)
You are not required to attend work if, for personal risk/safety reasons, you do not wish to. In such cases, you must inform your employer ahead of time to allow them to make alternate arrangements.
For each impacted employee, arrangements will be made on a case by case basis.
HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS AND USE OF PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (ALL PERSONS)
All persons on site or a bus tour must, at all times, follow strict hygiene requirements. This includes:
- Regularly washing of hands and using the provided wash stations. Hand sanitizer is to be kept available on all buses.
- Maintaining ‘social distancing’ at the recommended 1-1.5 meters separation, when possible.
- Covering their mouth and using a tissue, or the crook of their arm when coughing or sneezing and washing their hands immediately afterwards
- Avoid touching the face, eyes, nose and mouth and where having done so, immediately washing their hands
- Correctly use, wear and safely dispose of any Personal Protective Equipment that is in use.
South Coast Journeys has a thorough cleaning of bus regime, which includes cleaning all internal surfaces before every tour.
CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY (ALL PERSONS)
Failure to follow this policy may result in disciplinary action, suspension, termination, immediate removal and/or quarantine from site or bus.
In addition, serious financial penalties also apply from the Federal and State Governments for failure to follow government guidelines in relation to slowing/stopping the spread of COVID-19 for both visitors and employees.
South Coast Journeys is in regular contact with our tour venues. This includes wineries, breweries and restaurants. The tour venues have advised us that they are incorporating the following safety measures, so that you can be confident for your tour to proceed:
- Restricting customer numbers to 99 or less. Below the recommended 100 visitors onsite at indoor venues.
- Hand sanitiser distributed throughout each venue.
- Safe hygiene methods of practice and awareness posters at communal and washrooms areas.
- Stringent hygiene practices around food, beverage and gaming service.
- Health guidelines distributed to all staff and vendors. Staff have explicitly been instructed to stay home if presenting with flu-like symptoms or fever.
- Additional venue cleaning regimes to guard against possible contamination.
While we will remain vigilant, rest assured we are taking all necessary precautions and will continue to operate our tours to the highest of standards.
We look forward to welcoming you onto our tours and providing safe, friendly and hospitable service to all. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact:
South Coast Journeys Director and Manager on below.
Stay Safe and Kind Regards,
We will get through this!